The Sebayt Story & Interview

 



William Cummings is an upcoming artist that goes by the name of SEBAYT . He is currently 25 years old and was born in West Tennessee, a small city called Dyersburg. He currentley lives in Los Angeles, CA and recently separated from the Marine Corps to chase his dreams in hopes of becoming one of the biggest artist in the world. His biggest goal once he solidify's his spot in the music industry is to make an album with his favorite artists: Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Andre 3000, Kendrick Lamar, J.Cole, Ari Lennox, Jhene Aiko, and Smino. 



His sound is really unique. He can do any genre and style of rap a d hiphop  but he prefers to make music with great lyrics, melody, and harmony. Sebayt's main goal is generational wealth and to ensure that his last name holds weight. Sebayt's father is a pastor so he grew up in the church choir. He has 6 sisters and 2 brothers. His family is the most important to Sebayt besides his passion for music. 

He didn’t have much growing up and is determined to break that generational curse. Sebayt raps most about what he went through and how he perceive the world. His story is an incredible ride! And wants to be the positive image for our upcoming generation. He began writing at an early age but decided to take it seriously in 2022 as soon as he separated from the military. 


A D V E R T I S E M E N T


                              INTERVIEW


1.At what age did you know that you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place? 

Honestly, at the age 18. I have always been an artist or creator since I could remember. I started with drawing, moved to writing poetry, then playing instruments, to writing gospel songs for my church choir. I finally took music serious once I noticed that the people around me enjoyed my creativity.


2. Who has been your biggest support throughout your journey as an artist? 

My family for sure. Especially my father and nieces and nephews. 


3.Are you currently working on any new Projects for 2023?

Yes. It’s going to be amazing and different than what is done in todays time.


4. What song of yours has been the most personal to you and why? 

Y I Gotta Pray. I was going through some hard times when I wrote the song. I actually wrote it within 20 minutes. Once I laid it down on paper, I could feel the relief and stress leave.


5.what do you like most about the music making process and what discourages you the most? 

Watching it come together. Writing and having the idea is easy part but making it happen is the hardest but most fun. Me constantly wondering if I’m going to blow up or not discourages because it’s easy to have doubt when you see there’s a lot of people trying to make it also. I just have to remember why I make music, and it’s because I love it and I make it for me.


6. Who are some of your biggest influences and why? 

Andre 3000, J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Erykah Badu, Jhené Aiko, and etc. They all helped me find myself in the music and the type of style I like.


7.what are some things you have learned throughout your music career that has been very beneficial to your career as an artist?

Be different and don’t give up, also networking.


8.What do you want people to feel when they listen to your music?

Relief, vibe, and to relate.


9.Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what do you hope to accomplish? 

Performing in front of thousands and inspiring millions. I want to accomplish a ground to build on for my future family and generation.


10. How do you want to be remembered at the end of your career? 

One of the best to ever do it. Humble and creative.


11. What artists would you like to work with in the future and why? 

Andre 3000, J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Erykah Badu, Jhené Aiko, and Ari Lennox. They’re the artists I listen to the most and my go to.


12.What was the inspiration behind your latest  song "My Life?" 

I wanted to give a little insight of where I’m from and how I was raised versus my mindset now. 


Sebayt-My Life (Music Video)


13.What advice would you give to someone looking to pursue a career in music? 

Do it because you love it, not for the fame and glory. Make sure you don’t make it a job only because you might lose that passion.


14. What is your biggest motivation that allows you to continue what you do as an artist?

My child and goal of creating generational wealth. 


15. What are some of your goals you are looking forward to accomplish in 2023?

Finish this project I’m working on and get some buzz.

SEBAYT | LINKTREE




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview