The D Kirk KV Story & Interview

 


Writer: Silver GS

D Kirk KV is a rising star in the making from the city of Philadelphia. At 26 years old he continues to strive for success developing his sound as an east coast artist with a west coast style and swagger. His love of music has been developed from his fathers passion and love for the artform. K Dirk's goal for his music is to help others who are struggling with relationships and every day issues we all seem to grasp upon. His music is all about positive vibes and a depth into the human spirit.

D kirk's family are of Caribbean and Jamaican decent which he uses the sounds and emotion from the music of his culture to influence his sound. His song "Put it down" is about falling in love and happy vibes with someone you meet for the first time. This is the side of D Kirk KV you will discover when you hear "Palm trees" & "Tropical feelings." His music will give you the urge to move your hips and feet to the beat so you wouldn't be surprised that he is also a dancer. Dance and the love for music are two of his greatest passions.


 

D Kirk's family helped kickstart his passion for music by listening to artists like J cole, Chris brown, Kid ink and Big sean. His love for dance was influenced from artists like Shaggy and Sean paul. These artists helped mold his love for music and as a college graduate with a degree in business, he used his college Expierance to allow himself to use music as an outlet. He says "Music was my LIGHT out of the bad times and honored to be growing as an artist."

D Kirk KV is an inspiration and a breathe of fresh air to the music scene. He is definetley an artist to watch out for with his sound, dedication and positive vibes. 





interview

1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

D Kirk KV grew up in the city of Philadelphia, a city  that never dies that have so much soul and power. My city have several historical storys behind every talent and art.  One thing I enjoy about Philadelphia are the amazing events that happened yearly and artists that grew up in this town that can tell their story behide the breakthrough.

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

 My greatest support would be my family and friends because they been on this journey with me since I was in college. They always motivate me to keep pushing forward and continue to accomplish my dreams.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

At the age of twenty-two, my mind was made up, I knew that I wanted to pursue a career in the music industry. 


 

4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

The most influential and successful artists in my generation would be Chris Brown, Big Sean, Tory Lanez. I choose these three artist's because they make positive music to the youth that we all can relate to in our personal life.

5.So what are your current thoughts on the music industry?

My music is essential to human life, I love how music affects people’s emotions. Some people hear music and it makes their love grow closer, while some people hear music and it makes just simply makes them happy and motivates them. That is my goal to make people happy!

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

What makes me different is my unity character, I’m from Philadelphia, I grew up struggling and I dealt with toxic relationships, I share my feeling, and people can relate.



7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

I stayed motivated because I know my music help people and makes them happy.

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

My fans, supporters, and family makes me excited, I feel so entergritized makes me motivated.  As long I trust in God Nothing can discourage me.

9. What was your inspiration behind your latest song " understanding?"

Behind my latest song "understanding '',the inspiration I had was thinking about my  past relationships with communication that me and the other person did not had, that were struggling with. Also it moviated me for my next relationship I get into I want to make sure me and my partner see eye to eye and have a strong communication about everything.

10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

One word that I can describe my fans is..Outstanding! I choose this word because my fans support me every step of the way with my career. Also when I release a new singles my fans go above and behide with music videos, dances and more.



11.who would you like to work with in the future?

I have several artists they I would love to work with and they are Neyo, Big Sean, Chris Brown, J Cole and more.

12. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

 To the new and upcoming artists I will say continue to keep going forward it might be some ups and downs but don't give up. As long you believe in your self and know that you are going to be successful,nothing else can stop you.

13.Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In five years I see myself as a successful artist that will be feature on plenty of artists songs, music videos and also a business partner. I want to have a family of my own so we can  move out of Philadelphia to California to start a new life and journey. Last but not least I want to continue to release new music to my fans and EP every month.

14. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

My fans can find my music and lastest album Oceans on Apple Music , Soundcloud, spotify, Tidal and more. Also my  company website they will be coming real soon for fans to download music on a much and easier way.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview