The CMagic5 Story & Interview

 




With 2020 being torpedoed by the virus, this Toronto hailed 2020 high school graduate took it in her stride and has released her much-awaited Debut Album “Ready To Run”, rendering positive messages of self-empowerment and self-love especially today when it is needed the most. This quarantine creation is unlike anything you have heard before and is a mix of pop, rock, R&B and classical. With every single self-written, self-composed and co-produced, every track is reflective of the four seasons which we can all resonate with and feel inspired as we go through a plethora of moods in our own lives. Being a lover of many genres of music, each song is backed by high octane, soulful vocals each with its own creative journey and warrants why variety is the quintessence of life with its eclectic crossover styles, sub-genres and deeply personal lyrics. 

In the words of Cmagic5, “I want my music to be a medium that people can easily identify and relate with and also enjoy at a personal level, especially during these unprecedented times.” The upbeat maiden track, “You Got a Problem”, delivers power and confidence through a breakup story with simple lyrics, pop overtone and a contagious dance beat. In the next track "Ready To Run”, which is the title track f the album, Cmagic5 serenades us with a rich melody interspersed with a delightfully mysterious timbre that adds gravity to the powerful lyrics. Cmagic5 emphasizes the power of music to heal the world through her next track “Rising up”. In her next piece, Cmagic5 transitions into a pop/orchestral/rock vibe with “Outta My Head”. This blissfully takes us to the next track “Just Wanna”, a summer anthem built on a powerful afrobeat.


 Slowing it down in the next piece, “You Don’t know” features soul-stirring melodies with sultry backing vocals that take classic R&B melodrama to the next level. This brings us to “LEGO”, which is an “ode to yourself” and features tropical synth beats and hints of spicy salsa flavor. Cmagic5 intensifies the album with the next track “The One” which powerfully blends emotions of heartbreak into a modern dance bop. Cmagic5 is fired up as she unleashes her final new track of the album “Love Me If You Can” which takes us on a soaring journey through love and self-respect.  The single is exciting and emboldens the audience to love and to be loved in this game of life. Speaking to the single, Cmagic5 reiterates, “I want my listeners to take a step back and nurture the love they have in their hearts without having to transform themselves and become someone else."

 I hope the music ignites their hearts, creates conversation and invites people to examine their innate strength. The song has great scope for fun, frolic and musical breaks and I can only imagine listeners basking in the tune and melody, as it gains momentum by swaying their heads or tapping their toes and spreading love”. Cmagic’s delivery is accompanied by a fierce music video with an underlying unique story, enhanced visualizations and memorable graphics. Her vivid creation and portrayal are truly reflective of her confident, and vibrant personality and unique brand filled with youthful effervescence.








Interview


1. Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

A.Hey there, thank you for having me! I am an independent singer/songwriter and musician from Toronto, Canada.

Today, it’s highly commendable to see the immense contribution to music out there, so much of which comes right here from Toronto. From bonafide legends such as Leonard Cohen to Bryan Adams to Justin Bieber, the Weekend, and Drake, the list is iconic and endless. I’m grateful to be a musician from Canada because of all the diversity in this thriving music world. It’s amazing to see all the different kinds of cultures and talents here, and to be able to collaborate with like-minded artists!

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

A. As an artist, I believe inspiration comes from many different sources. I am grateful to my parents who supported my passion and provided me with a strong foundation in the creative arts including dance, drama, and music as a child, and for supporting my musical journey all along. They have supported me thus far to pursue my education in music at a young age and today I am proud to have earned my credentials as a Classical vocalist and give back to the community as a vocal mentor.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

A. I believe music chose me. My passion for singing and acting manifested itself when I was very little with me performing to a living room audience at the age of 5. The inspiration for writing songs was all around me and I had already started writing melodies at the age of 6 and began performing to a larger audience. I captured anything around me that inspired me at that age such as colors and animals and put it into a song. By the age of 10, my articulation developed as my thoughts and emotions matured, and I had written and composed my very first original song along with an EP in just a few days. The lyrics were very raw, pure and straight from the heart, which laid the very foundation of my debut EP titled “Destiny’s Calling”. My elementary school years were a challenging time for me, being bullied. It was during this time, music became my sole companion and opened up a plethora of avenues. I grabbed my acoustic guitar and dived deep into songwriting. This was the defining moment in my life when I knew that I wanted to pursue music for the rest of my life. Most importantly, I wanted to give back by inspiring others to feel the same magic that I experience through music. “Destiny’s Calling” was a basement recording that led to my future professional studio recordings. There has been no looking back ever since... And here I am with my Debut Album “Ready to Run” created and released all through these trying times in history - the pandemic.


It’s my vivid imagination and original ideas that made me want to think of something novel and different that led to the creation of Cmagic5. Spilling the tea here, as they say. The “C” corresponds to the initial of my first name, which I may choose to reveal sometime in the future… sshhhh. The number 5 is my lucky number, being born on the 5th day of the 5th month. Ever since I was little, I always hoped people would experience “magic” through the power of music. 



4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

A. In my opinion, I have looked up to Taylor Swift as an artist, ever since I was little. Her dedication and constant drive to musically challenge herself in each album, is incredibly inspiring to me. Aside from the history of achievements she’s had in the music landscape, her ability to story tell through her lyrics is what initially drew me to her music. She is one of the rare musicians out there who has stayed true to her roots and continues to make music for the love of music and the arts.

5. Who would you like to work with in the future?

A. My top dream collaborations would be with The Weeknd, Miley Cyrus, and H.E.R.

6. How do you separate yourself from other artists?

A.  Currently, I am a self-managed, independent artist working on educating myself as much as I can about the music industry. As an artist, I feel it is important to be an educated musician by gaining expertise and knowledge on the business aspect as well as the music itself. Additionally, I am pursuing my 1st year studies at the University of Toronto. While the genre of my music is pop/rock, the uniqueness of my sound is created by fusing other sub-genres into my songs. Being a lover of many genres of music, each song has its own creative journey and tells a different story exploring diverse song writing styles. When it comes to my original music, I like to give every song a different vibe with its own identity through my vocal delivery and song-writing style. My writing style is vivid and direct to my listeners, conveying a positive message to smile, succeed, and prioritize yourself. I try to make my lyrics as sincere as possible and universally relatable. I am grateful to have been able to release my self-written, self-composed Album, during the pandemic.


7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

A. For as long as I can remember, music has always been a part of my life. No matter how I feel, music will always be therapeutic for me as I can express all my emotions through it. No doubt there are days where I feel discouraged by what goes on around me, but I try to stay focused on the music and be patient with myself and prioritize my physical and mental well-being. Personally, my passion for making others smile and feel good through my music is my greatest motivation and most rewarding experience.

8. What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

A. I absolutely love all aspects of the creative process, but I feel a deep connection with the songwriting process. With my honest and relatable storylines, I try to be as transparent as possible. When it comes to the early stages of writing my songs, there is no specific format, or golden recipe that I use every time… that’s the beauty of it! The music could come before or after the writing, or the lyrics and melody could resonate at the same time. Each of my songs has its own creative journey and tells a different story.

Today, the music industry is evolving at a rapid pace like never before, and it can be an exciting yet a daunting and an unpredictable road to navigate independently. With a growing fanbase, it would be great to have that support from the experts in the field who I can look up to for guidance on how to successfully manage, market and network my music, and take it to an international level.

9. What was your inspiration behind your latest song "Love me if you can?"

A. My new single “Love Me If You Can” takes us on a soaring journey through love and self-respect.  The new track is exciting and emboldens the audience to love and to be loved in this game of life. Speaking to the single, throughout the entirety of the song, the beat gives off an empowering and edgy vibe, to encourage listeners to be themselves unapologetically. What starts off as a slow and calm melody quickly escalates to a dramatic beat. This beat allows listeners to sink into the song, leaving you buzzing with energy for hours afterwards.

The song was inspired by the feeling of loving someone deep enough to change yourself. Narrating a tempestuous relationship, it is a captivating yet heartwarming track, exploring a young mind’s dilemma by choosing to either lose yourself and become someone else to suit a lover’s expectation or to choose to love yourself more and remain unchanged and just walk away. This emotional turmoil unravels itself through compelling lyricism “Love me if you can” with deep moving bass lines, splicing together emotional elements with effervescence and confidence.

The lyrics “You want someone I can’t be” demonstrate that there is no need to pretend to be someone else just to save a love relationship. The centerpiece of the song is undoubtedly the bridge as it totally contrasts both musically and lyrically, giving you goosebumps all over. While the interlude-like bridge is slow and dramatic, the lyrics “I’ll never change for you, it hurts too much to measure up” are filled with melodrama, reassuring and to accept people just the way they are.


10. If you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

A. Creative! With every new single I release, my fans always find a way to recreate my work of art in their own special way, through their unique gifts and talents. I love all of their handmade paintings, cover videos of my songs, TikTok dance challenges, etc… They are such an inspiration and I am so grateful for their support.

11. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

A. That’s a great question. I try to encourage artists to be their most authentic self always! Yes, for sure be inspired by successful artists around, but share your own light with the world and embrace what makes you unique. Always remember to take care of yourself as an individual first, then as an artist. It is important to never give up no matter how challenging things can be, and to stay focused. Never let anyone stop you from doing what you love, including yourself. Stay hungry for your dreams, and make it happen!

Dream your dream, keep the faith, work hard and stay humble!


12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A. During these unprecedented times, it’s kind of difficult to envision the world 5 years from now. However, I would love to see myself as an internationally recognized artist, impacting and inspiring a wider audience through my music. I also see myself having completed my university studies in digital Enterprise Management. After that, I hope to go on tours and travel the world, hoping it would be safe enough to do so then.


13. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

A. With 2020 being torpedoed by the virus, and being a 2020 high school graduate, I am stoked to share that I’ve just released my Debut Album “Ready To Run”, rendering positive messages of self-empowerment and self-love especially today when it is needed the most. This quarantine creation is a mix of pop, rock, R&B and classical. With every single self-written, self-composed and co-produced, every track is reflective of the four seasons which we can all resonate with and feel inspired as we go through a plethora of moods in our own lives.

I have also unleashed the music video for my final track on the album, “Love Me If You Can”. I want my listeners to take a step back and nurture the love they have in their hearts without having to transform themselves and become someone else”. Check out the music video right here:

CMagic-Love me if you can




WEBSITE: www.cmagic5.com
INSTAGRAM: @cmagic5
SOUNDCLOUD: cmagic5
SPOTIFY: cmagic5
YOUTUBE: cmagic5










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview