The Bervy Rainz Story & Interview

 



Kamogelo Nkomo better known as Bervy Rainz from Winterveldt northwest of Pretoria (South Africa) is a rapper/songwriter. He started doing music at the age of ten and did not look back since. All his hardwork is starting to pay off since his been invited to an American show 'The Queen Silvy Show' hosted by the african american Silvy Stark in Arlington Texas in the USA. Bervy Rainz will be talking about his journey as a musician. The musician has his latest single out called lot_less which is responsible for the recognition he got internationally.

Kamogelo had this to say "social media platforms connect the world and I don't think I would have received such an opportunity if it wasn't for utilizing social media platforms to showcase my passion for music."








Interview


1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

I am from South Africa in the northwest part of Pretoria called winterveldt. My township is pretty much a fair place to live in, it has everything I need.

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

Definitely my Mom and the rest of my family.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

My music driven career started at the age of 10 at school during a talent show where I performed a Michael Jackson song(can't remember what song I did)... but I started taking music seriously in 2018.



4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

 I'd have to say Drake because Drake is the most commercially successful non-American rapper and another thing is that his got so much pride when it comes to his hometown which has garnered him alot of hometown fans.

5.who would you like to work with in the future?

 Internationally I would love to work with Drake, Saba or Lil Wayne and bringing it home here in South Africa I want to work with Zocci Coke Dope and Areece.

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

 My story and how I put it down on a beat in a way that the other person who is listening can relate to it. My upbringing makes me unique and there is only one Bervy Rainz.



7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

 I am self-motivated, I wanna connect with the rest of the world through my music and I can't stop without being a global artist. I just can't, I remind myself what I'm in it for and that helps me to continue doing music with a whole lot of passion.

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

When the producer make a beat that is suitable for my style and I get into the booth and start recording, that's just exciting for me.

I get very discouraged when I experience a writer's block and when I'm not connecting with the beat.


9. What was your inspiration behind your latest song "bannana clips?"

Lot_less, the song is basically inspired by what I went through as an artist, I wanted to make music so bad when I was starting out but I had no equipment, but with the very less I had I turned it to a lot and now I can make music anytime I want. "less is more" - Jay-Z



10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

Supportive because the love and support between me and them is reciprocal.

11. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

Reach out to other artists, producers or music promoters and start a working relationship with them. Work hard and be persistent.

12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

 Billboards, multiple nominations, dominating streaming platforms with my music. A performance in Arlington, Texas in the USA and making alot of money from my music.



13. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

 Lot_l3$$ and cake is on every digital platform. Then smoke, my baby is on SoundCloud, YouTube music and audiomack. Just search for Bervy Rainz on anyone of those platforms.

Follow on social media












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview