The Rezcoast Brisky Story & Interview

 



Rezcoast Brisky is a rapper, singer, song-writer from Chicago, IL by way of Phoenix, AZ. His music ranges from Hip-Hop to R&B and Pop EDM. With collaborations ranging from EDM producer (Hekler) to rising Musical Artist (Rezcoast Grizz). Rezcoast Brisky has showcased his ability to adapt and produce quality music across different music genres.

Rezcoast Brisky, formally known as just "Brisky", initially gained industry experience early on. After graduating high school in 2012, he attended The Conservatory Of Recording Arts & Sciences in Arizona where he studied Audio Engineering. Upon graduation he went to Los Angeles, CA where he interned and became assistant engineer at "West-One Productions" recording studio and worked with top industry artists. This is where he met and worked alongside Jas Prince, CEO of YEMG and son of the infamous J. Prince of Rap-A-Lot, for the next year.



Fast forward to late 2014, he ends up going back to Phoenix and running a priva with his friend and ssmat recording arts school, Seth Digital. He would spend the next 5-6 years here making a living recording artists around the Phoenix area before evolving into the artist we know today.

May 2020, Rezcoast Brisky releases his first song. "Paranoia", featuring Rezcoast Grizz, which quickly gained momentum and is currently sitting at 450k YouTube views. He soon after followed up with his solo single "On My Own" which Adam22 reacted to on NoJumper and is currently sitting at 22k YouTube views. 

After having a productive 2021 building his following and making. a name for himself, Rezcoast Brisky is on track to release his first project in 2022 and continues to show us why he should be on your radar.




A D V E R T I S E M E N T





Interview



1.How long have you been doing what you're doing and how did you get started in the first place?

- I grew a love for music at a young age. My grandma got me my first studio session when I was about 12-13 years old. Wasn't the most productive session but I remember falling in love with the process. The rest was history..

2.How did you get involved with Rezcoast Grizz?

-I think people think our relationship is solely based off the music. Naw, that's my brotha forreal. We met some years back through a mutual acquaintance in Phoenix and we formed a genuine bond outside of the music. Making music with ya best friend is just icing on the cake.

3.Who are your top 5 influences growing up?

1. My Grandma 2. My Grandpa

3. My Mom

4. My Dad

5. Hip-Hop Each had a big influence on my childhood and contributed to

who I am today.



4.Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

- It's hard to tell what next week looking like. Long as I'm still in good health doing something that makes me happy with the people I love, that'll work for me.

5. How do you separate yourself from other artists?

- By not being afraid to be myself. Sounds cliche but its true.

6.Who has been your biggest support throughout your journey as an artist?

- My daughter. EASILY. I started taking music serious and releasing music shortly after she was born and since the beginning she has been my biggest fan and supporter. If she isn't feeling the song I know its not it LOL



7. How do you prepare mentally before each and every show?

- I started releasing music during the pandemic so I haven't had any of my own show sets yet. But Grizz has had 2 shows which he brought me out and did a song or 2 which was cool. But whiskey, whiskey definitely helped.

8. How do you find inspiration when it comes to writing a song?

- Just living life. I have to either be going through something or be really inspired by something/someone that makes me want to create. But sometimes I just draw inspiration from past experiences. Really just depends on the moment. It's never forced though.

9. If you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

- Family. I've been experimenting with different sounds and they always show love and support me regardless of what direction the next track may go. From Hip-Hop to R&B to EDM I see the support and it never goes unnoticed.



10.If you can choose 1 dream collab, who would it be and why?

- I don't really have a dream collab. Definitely a few artist out there it'd be cool to work with for sure though. Trippie, Kid Laroi, Travis Barker, just to name a few.

11. What do you hope to accomplish in 2022?

- "I been multitaskin', rappin' & being a daddy to my lil children" Yeah what Kodak said. Naw but seriously, just want to take this music to new heights and be the best version of myself for my lil girls.

12. How did your name Rezcoast Brisky come about?

- I got the nickname Brisky back in high school, it just stuck, that's what everyone calls me. Rezcoast, that's the brand, my stage name.



13. How would you like to be remembered at the end of your career?

- Long as I inspire someone to be themselves, never allow society to put them in a box and just go for it, I won.

14. What has been a great challenge in your music career and how did you overcome it?

- Believing in myself. Building the self-confidence to tell myself I'm really built for this shit. A lot of that came from reinventing myself.

15.If you could choose another profession besides music what would it be and why?

- Something in the weed industry fasho. It'd be pretty cool if I can make the two merge somewhere down the line.







Follow The SoulRiffic to keep updated with Music, News, Interviews & Much more!










.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview