The QRO Story & Interview

                                  


      Jaquan Cromartie also known as Qro is an artist from Elizabethtown, NC but raised his whole life in the clarkton area. Growing up he witnessed and experienced the harsh environment due to violence and racism. This would later fuel his voice in music and inspire songs like Freedom & This is life. As a child growing up he was always around music and inspired by family members who would make music including Jaquan's mother who would also drop bars in the studio.


Jaquan started to freestyle in school in front of crowds and began to get recognized after freestyling from the back of the bus, lunch tables, gym and practically anywhere he had a chance to be heard. This dedication to music prepared him to succeed his service in the army. While home will always be home it is believed that sometimes home can be a trap for those who want to Follow their dreams. In 2016 after graduating Jaquan enlisted in the army and after 3 years in the military he began his career as an artist .



As he follows in the footsteps of  artists he looked up to Like J Cole & Kendrick Lamar , Jaquan is now on his way to be the artist he was meant to be. Spreading a message of posetivity and political awarness Jaquan hopes to change lives and people's perspective in order to influence change. But not only through his music as well as through his brand "Qronation" that is in its first stages of development. Jaquan says "I'm looking to be prominent and efficient artist in the music industry as well as an innovative entrepreneur."



                                               INTERVIEW


1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

I’m from Clarkton/Elizabethtown NC. It’s a very small community in the sticks that isn’t very far apart from .I grew up in the middle of it all in a place called Kemptown. Generally up until a couple years ago before the new highway nothing much was going on where I’m from but you have your bad sides of town and your good sides.You can get caught up in doing a lot of wrong as easily you can stay out the way. Everyone knows everyone where I’m from family or not. You can come across racism as easy as you can come across good genuine people. I love my home but it’s not always good for you as it can be referred to as a trap county because a lot people get caught up just by staying.

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

My Brothers have always stood next me when it comes to music.Sometime they listen to my music before anyone else. I get a lot of support from my family and loved ones as well and all the great people I met in and out the army in El Paso have been great at encouraging me.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

Far as I can remember I wanted to rap.I wanted to be a artist for sure when I was like 8 or 9. Growing up around other artist like Tunebaby and my Uncle Rezon and my Mom really got motivated to get in the booth. At the time my grandparents encouraged me to focus on school so I spent a lot of time just writing and freestyling with my friends not actually dropping any music.

4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

I Think Kendrick Lamar is the most influential and successful artist just because to me he has perfected his craft and found his spot in the game. Fortunately for him he has been acknowledged by some of the biggest influences in the game.His delivery,lyricism,and flow has made him more than a solid artist and debatable the greatest to some people.

5.So what are your current thoughts on the music industry?

I think history repeats itself slowly. I’m seeing a lot more activism in upcoming artist which is ironic because rap/Hiphop artist started out as activist for the community speaking on real day to day experiences and trauma. The game simply matures and immatures overtime at least that’s what I’d like to think. Labels are being cut out and independent artist  are going crazy. A lot of people are tapping pockets that have been robbing them for years. The growing awareness of self worth and self marketing/investing is beautiful.

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

I just don’t aim for a hit, I’m looking to brand and expand. Inspire and innovate.I want to be myself in every aspect and target the ones who appreciate that.I want to be my own boss and create generational wealth inside and outside the music industry.

7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

I kind of like to think that my music is growing with me.That alone in itself is motivating, So every year my goals have to change and with every month I’m working towards that goal and everyday I’m striving to be consistent in that.I want to feel the change and I’ve grown obsessed with change.

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

I’d like to say that knowing after the music is dropped I inspired someone or encouraged someone is the best feeling in the world.The discouraging side is that I’m still learning to create Better hooks and chorus because that makes and breaks a lot of songs.

9. What was your inspiration behind your latest song " Freedom?"

“The people need to stand together, and speak out loud. This song is my way of doing that - giving a voice to the people so that we can be strong together. Knowledge is power, stay true to yourself and fight together for freedom!” Everything we have been through in the black community and as POC, we have experienced a spectrum on injustice and manipulation both economically and politically. The need for someone to take the reins of Society and steer them in the direction of Retribution and Equality  has been more clear than ever. We need to see our differences not to criticize them but to relate and appreciate them,uniting
& therefore becoming masters of our own fate.

10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

”Genuine”because they always come to me with my best intentions. They want to see me make it and are always encouraging me to be better.

11.who would you like to work with in the future?

Kendrick,J Cole,Drake,Jay Z,Big Sean,Lil Wayne etc..Female artist like Rapsody,Rihanna,HER,Ella Mai, Lauryn Hill,Nicki,Cardi ..

12. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

Be yourself so you can market and brand that.There is only one you so you don’t got to be no one else.Find your fans and your sound.

13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

successful artist and prominent name in the music industry breaching into fashion with my own clothing line and businesses.

14. What is the main message you want your brand to represent?

Be the change and inspire the next generation to be the change you couldn’t be because anything is possible.

15. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

I’m working on a album or EP right now for all my fans at Qronation but I’m focusing on dropping some more singles with even more sounds and you can find all of my music on Spotify,Apple, YouTube or better yet my official artist website Qronation.com. I have 7 songs in total out but my 2 latest projects you should check out are “Freedom” and “Respect me” both are being featured on NBA 2k21 Next-Gen soundtrack in “The city” scheduled End of February or Mid March 2021.

QRO-Freedom (Lyric Video)


QRO-Respect me




Do you need a custom Shirt, Hat, Sweater, License plate, Car decals, stickers, puzzles etc. then contact The Garcia Graphics Shop today for your order!



Looking for a professional to direct a Commercial for your business, Music video for your song or a video for your event then contact Blue Visuals for great prices and quality work!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview