The Jokesta Fresh Story & Interview

 




   Jokesta Fresh grew up in Reno, Nevada. He was born in Michoacan, Mexico and later moved to the states with his parents at an early age of 6 months. Jokesta Fresh practically lived his whole life in Reno, Nevada, where he was arrested and charged with a felony on a burglary charge at the age of 18. At that time he didnt take music serious but then decided to join local rap battles,  rapped at parties and kickbacks with his friends where he gathered an audience.

 Jokesta Fresh was in and out of county jail growing up and after getting out in 2011 for the burglary charge he plead guilty. If that was not bad enough he was eventually deported from the united states in 2016 at the age of 24 years old. Two years after living in mexico he decided to pursue his rap career and change his life around and since then he has dropped many songs and music videos that you can find on all music and digital platforms.





Interview

1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

I’m from Reno, Nevada. Also Known as the biggest little city in the world. Shiet, if I had to describe my city, I don’t know, I’d call it ghetto to be honest haha, and small as Fuck too, it really is like the biggest little city in the world man almost everybody knows everybody forreal shits crazy but it is a small world too though you know So...

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

shit, myself

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

I think I was like 7 when I knew that when I Grew up I wanted to be an artist... a rapper... i can honestly say it was my childhood dream. I used to write raps in elementary, I joined the talent show in elementary and rapped in front of the whole school... I’d say i got started, after I got deported... I never took this rap shit serious... ever... throughout my whole life... I guess I was always busy doin other shit.. once I got deported, you know I was away from that old environment, that old crowd, away from everything, so I guess that what’s led me to turn to rap, I had no friends anymore hahaha... that’s when I started posting freestyles to my social media, started shooting videos, started with a camera phone and posting them on YouTube you know that’s how it all started so that was in like 2018 i wanna say



 4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

Nipsey Hussle, RIP to Nipsey, I can relate a lot to his music, you Know, i watched him grow as an artist, and how he practically built his own empire from the ground up, that shit was insane you know that shit is really motivating, his music influences me a lot so you Know, my respects to Nip RIP Nip,

5.So what are your current thoughts on the music industry?

i don’t really know, I don’t really have any thoughts towards it, you know, I just focus on making my music and putting it out there hoping for the world to hear it that’s all


6.How do you separate yourself from other artists out there?

Well shit, a lot of rappers, if you listen to their music, their songs all sound the same, most of their songs are almost alike, same type of beat, same flow, same vibe, you know, my music isn’t like that, my music is more diverse, my songs don’t all sound the same you know, I do different flows on my songs and all that.




7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

Shit, I just put my mind to it, you know, I told myself this is what I was gonna do, I set myself some goals, and invested everything into what I’m doing now, I’ve invested a lot of time, a lot of money into this, you know why would I give up when I’ve already invested a lot into what I’m doing, that’s what keeps me motivated, I can’t quit now I feel like I’ve already come too far

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

what excites me the most, is success you know, I just wanna be at that point where I can look back to today, and say I made it, this is like my life goal you know what I’m sayin so that’s what I’m excited for, success.... nothing is discouraging me

9. What was your inspiration behind your latest song " Heart Racin?"

 honestly i don’t do this often you know, but i was in the studio that night with Meny Hitz and another homie. Meny Hitz and i had been making music that whole week and while he was Cookin up beats and I was writing and recording we were like 8 songs in that week. we made a gang of good songs that week so on one those nights, I dropped a tab of acid. and I told Meny Hitz, “I wanna listen to a beat while I’m on LSD and see what I come up with, let’s see if I can write something to a beat”... so I’m listening to this Meny Hitz beat right? This LSD is already kicking in and i remember my Heart was just beating hella fast. my heart was Racin forreal and that’s what came to my mind “heart Racin” then I gave it a twist and turned it into a home invasion “bitch I’m running out the back wit your franklins” and that home invasion is the rap game. I’m comin through, kickin the door in. Other rappers don’t wanna see me come in through that door and once I do it’s game over, I’m takin over this rap shit. I’m trying to let them know that I really am one of the hardest Hispanic rappers coming up. I say just that, in my song, if you listen to my lyrics, it says “I’m better than, half these rappers, salvi, black or Mexican” that bar isn’t directed to any rappers in specific, if anything I’m giving light to the fact that Hispanic rappers are now a factor in the rap game, cause before nobody wanted to see that, now you see all types of Hispanic rappers including salvadorians and Mexicans whose are becoming successful in the rap game, and that’s where that bar comes into play, if you’re a rapper and if you feel some type of way about that bar, then wear the suit homie I’m not trippin, but yeah so LSD inspired me to write that song, but also whack rappers rappers Comin up, I’m throwin shots at these motherfuckers hahaha, but yeah I was on acid WHILE writing AND WHILE recording that whole song, it was all done that same night.



10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

I don’t think I have a big enough of a fan base just yet, to answer that question.... that’s where my song “Heart Racin” comes into play haha

11.who would you like to work with in the future?

Fenix Flexin, Stupid Young, Bravo

12. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

give it your all, be serious about it, picture yourself where you wanna be, and make it happen, you can really do anything in life that you set your mind to, you just gotta put in the work, don’t sit on your ass and expect your music to be heard, put that shit out there



13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Living in a nice big houses somewhere, enjoying my success, and continuing to make music for my fans

14. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

i have a 7 song album with Swifty Blue, called “All I Know” it’s available on all platforms, Spotify, YouTube, iTunes, SoundCloud, all of that, also I been dropping a lot of singles, I have over 40 songs available for my fans to listen to, all my music is available on all platforms like I said, I have music that just dropped last week I have new music dropping next week, I have music dropping next month, I got a lot new music dropping after that, and ima continue to work on some more music as well, stay tuned for Jokesta Fresh, ya boy comin!













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview