The Max Rahn Story & Interview

 




"Your Mind Is A Weapon" was entirely produced and written by myself, with features from upcoming artists BredMan and Freckles. I also have composer Joel Reyes on trombone and producer/composer Brock Vance on guitar scattered throughout the album. This album has a mixture of Rap and R&B. It is packed full of catchy melodies and hard hitting rap verses complimented by one of a kind production that was all created in-house. 

This album is full of mood swings and vibe changes and is sure to keep you interested throughout. This album is perfect for a chill morning or a laid back drive at night. My goals for this album is to stream over 100k in the first couple weeks. I want to show other artists what it takes to be a self starter who does everything himself. Many of the people who motivate me in the industry include Mac Miller, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Russ, Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Pharrell, and many others.


 
I am an artist out of Pasadena, California and I have been producing and rapping for over 12 years. After highschool school, I decided to take the technical aspect of my music more seriously, so I got my BA in audio recording from Cal State Dominguez Hills in 2019.  After graduating, I have been spending my time consistently creating and finishing new music, building myself a platform, performing shows in LA, and starting my own independent music conglomerate and clothing company: ANYDAYNOW. ANYDAYNOW is a collective of artists in the Pasadena area including artists: Max Rahn, BredMan, AylonDay. 



My business partner and fellow artist BredMan and I have been building this brand together for about a year now and we have made a lot of progress getting ourselves out there locally and globally. This year we continue to grow and plan on collectively getting at least a million new listeners. We believe in hard work and originality and overall just making great music. We have only just started this journey and there is a lot more coming.







Interview

1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

A: I am from Pasadena, CA. Pasadena is right outside of LA by the mountains, home of the Rose Bowl. It’s where I grew up and went to high school.

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

A: My greatest support has been my friends, family, and fellow artists that grew up around me, and ultimately helped me grow musically.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

A: As soon as I got into high school at 13 years old, I started producing and knew I wanted to become an artist. I grew very close with a family friend and artist, Quamie’Yae, at a young age and was inspired by watching him make music. I would watch him make music and then teach myself the programs when he was done. I practiced producing and rapping for years and finally started taking music seriously after high school.


 
4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

A: I think the most influential artist for me has been Mac Miller. He is the best white rapper in my opinion. I love the originality in his music. He showed artists that music can still be different and unique. His lyrics are very relatable and a lot of people relate my music to him when they hear me for the first time. He also produced, which is a big deal for me because I believe every artist should learn how to produce or make beats. Other artists that influenced me include Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Russ, Nas, Eminem, and many others.

5.So what are your current thoughts on the music industry?

A: The music industry is owned by labels, so it is very hard to make it as an independent artist. Most of these artists in the industry get millions of plays but don’t own their own masters. I want to show other artists they can make their dream reality by working hard enough and having great music that speaks for itself.

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

A: I separate myself from other artists by doing almost everything myself or in house with my team. I produce, write, and record all myself from my professional studio at home and get all my music mixed and mastered in house with my team of experts. All of the music coming from me and the other members at ANYDAYNOW (my clothing company and collective of artists) is 100% original.



7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

A: I stay motivated because I really love what I do. Creating songs from scratch by myself is truly inspiring and empowering. I believe with hard enough work and great music I will make it. I have a whole team of artists in ANYDAYNOW that consistently keep material in the studio fresh and exciting. It is important to work with like-minded, talented people in the studio.

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

A: There is nothing discouraging about te music making process. There are often beats and songs that don’t make it to the final cut, or days you don’t feel “that spark” you often have, but that’s part of the process. If you let music discourage you, you are missing the point. It is all about having fun and enjoying the process. No one ever made a smash hit by over-thinking the process, it is usually a natural feeling. The most exciting feeling in the studio is when you are working on something brand new and you get that feeling that you have something “special” on your hands. At ANYDAYNOW we get this feeling all the time because we all stay in the moment, work hard, and just love making good music.

9. What was your inspiration behind your latest song " with you?"

A: The inspiration behind “With You” is a combination of my struggles as an artist, and trust issues with one of my ex-girlfriends. This is a single from my new album “Your Mind Is A Weapon” coming April 2.



10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

A: It’s tough to choose one word, but I would say my fans are “Versatile.” I change up the vibe frequently for my releases from Hip-hop/Rap to R&B. My music is universal and original; I have a song for everyone.

11.who would you like to work with in the future?

A: I would like to work with anyone from TDE: Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, SZA, Isaiah Rashad. I would also like to work with Pharrell, Kanye West and some old school east coast rappers such as Nas, The Roots, Common, Mos Def, and more.

12. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

The best advice I can give is to work hard and put in your hours. I treat music like a fulltime job and often put in more than 40hours a week producing, writing, recording, networking, and creating content, aside from my regular 9-5 job. Don’t expect your dream to work themselves out. You have to be your own biggest supporter and promoter.



13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A: In 5 years, I see myself traveling the world and being successful enough as an independent artist to support myself and my team on tour, while also running my clothing company ANYDAYNOW.

14. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

A: I have a whole catalog of over 20 songs to play on all streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Soundcloud, and more! My 2 most recent releases in March were “Need That” and “With You,” two singles from my new album “Your Mind Is A Weapon” releasing on April 2. The album is fully produced and written by me with features from artists BredMan and Freckles. I also have like instruments recorded including electric guitar from producer Brock Vance and Trombone from composer Joel Reyes. The album is a mixture of chill vibes, dreamy singing hooks, and hard-hitting rap verses. Make sure to take a listen







Would you like to ADVERTISE your Brand or Business on our blog? Then email us today at TheSoulRifficMagazine@aol.com or send us a DM on Indtagram @TheSoulRiffic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview