The Will Villain Story & Interview

 




    Will Villain, born William Bivens Jr. is a 24 year old recording artist born and raised in Findlay, OH. From an early age Will had a natural love for music, singing in the children’s church choir and participating in show choir through middle and high school. He started pursuing his own musical career in 2016 and has been on this journey ever since. Releasing multiple albums and singles with other local talent and networking with other artists from outside of Ohio trying to build his fanbase. In recent years he has raised the bar musically and is hoping to make his name known throughout the world. This is Will Villain.






Interview

1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

 I am from Findlay, Ohio it’s a small blue collar town
With not much of an music scene but it’s the place I call home for the time being.

2. Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

Hands down my biggest support on this journey has been my Mom and my friends, I would even be doing this interview without them, I owe every ounce of success that I gain to them and I simply couldn’t do what I do without them

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

I didn’t know I wanted to exactly be an artist until later in high school but ever since a kid I always knew I wanted to be someone that people loved to watch and I always performed since I was 3, there’s still videos that my mom has of me singing “Sweet Lady” by Tyrese before I was even in school. And I got started making music my freshman year of college, we recorded our first mixtape on a rock band mic in my dorm room at Ohio Northern University, that’s where it all started for me.



4. In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

In my opinion the most influential and successful artist in my genre is Master P, for me he was the first and has done the most in the independent music industry from selling mixtapes out of his trunk to where he is now is amazing and you know he’s a real hustler and student of the game because he’s still making moves in the music business to this day.

5. Who would you like to work with in the future?

I would love to work with any artist that I think I could make dope music with, but if I had to choose I would love to work with A Boogie, The Weeknd, MGK, and I would probably throw Wiz Khalifa in there too, that sounds like a catalog of hits to me something I would want to do if I were to sign with a label.

6. How do you separate yourself from other artists?

I try to display my work ethic in everything that I put out and let other artists know that I’m grinding HARD! for this music stuff and always trying to put together different  sounds that people haven’t yet heard but I think most artists are doing that too, but
For the most part I try to focus on consistency and working harder than most artists.



7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

 The easiest way for me to stay motivated is to keep living and recording if you have ever been to Ohio that’s really all the motivation you need to work hard because I don’t intend on staying here my whole life so I plan out everything the best I can and work my plan...stay down until you come up is all I can say about the motivation that I need to do what I do.

8. What aspect of the music making process excites you the most and what aspect discourages you the most?

The most exciting part of the process to me used to be the recording process and I still love that part, it’s usually where I am. But within the last year or so I’ve started enjoying the promotion process much more, creating content for social media, helping out with cover art and brainstorming and seeing those ideas come to life has become my favorite part slowly but surely, I hope I keep the same feeling as time goes on.

9.What was your inspiration behind your latest song "on my own?"

 My inspiration for my most recent single was the feeling of being alone and like nobody cares about your dreams or aspirations, I displayed this by making the hook a cry for help saying “I can’t do this on my own” the song sounds like a somber and emotional tune and it is don’t get me wrong, but in actuality it’s intended more to say Keep Going, Don’t Give Up, The feelings that we have are temporary and I think we get lost in that more often than not and sometimes make things all about us. But we all have to remember that we all have dreams and goals in life. If we can all help out to reach those things would be much easier and more enjoyable in life, I really believe that.



10. If you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

One word is tough to describe anything but if I had to choose one I would say are fans are “REAL” people that gravitate to my music most likely haven’t had the easiest life and I love that because neither have I, and it shows in my music and I think people can feel that.

11. what advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dream?

The best advice that I would give to an upcoming artist would be  “don't give up” this road is long and tough but eventually you’ll see a light at the end of the tunnel and you can only get there if you keep your head down and continue to work, if you give up all the work you put in suddenly doesn’t matter and that’s such a scary thing for me to think about that I prefer not to lol

12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In 5 years I will be 29 and by that time I think I will be entering my prime on a real level, working with big artists, songs charting on billboard, attending awards shows, world tours. That’s where I see myself, gods plan.



13. What albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

Right now I have quite a bit of music out, I just released a new music video for “On My Own” available on YouTube and it will be on All Platforms on May 14th, I have a 2 song single out with an artist from Cincinnati, OH available on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, etc. titled “Kids Nxt Door” that released 4/30/21 and we also have a single we released on March 22nd called “No Makeup” that we are currently pushing as well. We also have a 9 song album titled “Cloud 9” releasing this summer so there are tons of things out currently and even more in the very near future.













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview