The Baby Phace Story & Interview

 



Baby Phace is a rapper, singer, songwriter from NJ who is now based in California . He is of Haitian Descent, first generation and a true lover of music and art. Baby Phace has been writing poetry and rap since he was 13 years old and just three years ago he embarked on a life changing journey to make an impact on this world through sound and music. One of his mission's in life is to tell his story. The story of those he has meet and of those around him while giving something to the world that will stand the test of time.






Interview

1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

A:  I’m from West Orange, NJ. My city is a town and it is pretty calm, it’s a lot of diversity there. But even when I was back in Jersey I never really spent much time there. I was always on the move.

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

A:  My girl and my homies. But since we started dating my girl has been at every show and has done everything in her power to show the utmost support while being honest with me.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

A: Since a youngin I was always into music. I was taking piano lessons at a young age even though it never stuck and I was a part of some musicals and singing solos in elementary school. Then in Middle School I had realized I wanted to be a part of a band. That never amounted to anything but at age 12-13 I started writing poetry and at 14 I started rapping. I stuck with it but I lacked confidence and listened to others and I quit. But finally at 21 I took a chance on myself and committed and didn’t look back.



4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

A: Drake, he’s just had the game in a headlock for so long and he’s been ahead of his time. The impact he has on the culture and the numbers he puts up are ridiculous.

5.who would you like to work with in the future?

A.Kendrick or J Cole

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

A: By staying true to myself & my life experiences & not being afraid to do what I like.



7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

A: This is what I love to do more than anything in my life. I wanna have the same, actually greater impact than the best that have come before me. With that being motivation I can never stop.

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

A: Creating is my favorite part and honestly nothing discourages me. This is truly what I love to do.

9. What was your inspiration behind your latest song "INVICTUS?"

A: I was 40 Miles away from LA after a bad experience with my family back in Jersey & I had a bad taste in my mouth from some situations I’d been dealing with in other aspects of my life. I basically wrote this song as a way to cope and uplift myself hence “Invictus” meaning undefeated or unconquerable in Latin.



10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

A: Patient and loyal and amazing.

11. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

A: Don’t chase anything. Follow your passions and heart and the rest will come with it.

12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A: At the top of the game and still rising.

13. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

My singles “Invictus”,  “On & On” “Sober Soul”, “The Golem”, “Zone”  are all out now on all platforms. Sober Soul, Invictus, & The Golem all have videos. And I dropped a freestyle called “Dear God” on my Youtube.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview