The Conrad Jon Story & Interview

 




Conrad Jon is an upcoming Rap artist from Indiana who has a passion for music. Coming up in the world of music Conrad has learned the skills of rhyming and even music production. His skills have developed over the last few years releasing great tracks like Rift, Flash flash, Do this for me, Backseat of benz and his latest album "Ivar ave" which is incredible and a must have on your Playlist. Keep your eyes wide open for Conrad Jon, His skills and drive is certain to make this young artist blow up in the coming future.










Interview


1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

A. Anderson, Indiana. An old factory town that went downhill dramatically when all the factories closed in the 90s. Once rated the 22nd worst city in America, needless to say there's a lot of crime and drug problems so many people don't make it out. However those who do, are some of the realest most pure hearted people you'd ever meet.

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

A. This is a conflicting answer but I'd truly have to say my dad. He was a coach before I was born and always wanted me to be a baseball player growing up. So when I started spending more time making music instead of hitting off the tee, he wasn't too thrilled.. He was never a music man, never played an instrument and didn't even have nearly as vast of a knowledge on music as he did sports. However he is such a great man and he truly raised me into the man I am today and I truly think his disbelief was my fuel for success and that motivation to one day buy him a house just so I could say "I told you so."

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

A. I kinda touched on this in the last answer, but I'll give it more in detail here. In 8th grade I started rapping as a joke in class just making fun of people cause I frequently got all my work done early in class so I could goof off with friends for the remainder. It started as a joke because I was so heavily into Lil Wayne ("No Ceilings" era) & Kid Cudi (Man on the Moon) that I wanted to see how well I could rhyme. What started as a joke bloomed into a hobby which then blossomed into a passion. I did webcam videos and posted them on Facebook to get some recognition. Eventually a kid I went to school with but didn't really know hit me up and was like come to my house. I got a studio here and we can record (SHOUTOUT Mauricio Garcia!!!). I ended up going to college to study audio production since you can't technically go to school to rap, I figured I'd learned how it worked behind the boards. By freshman year of college I was hooked, I knew this was what I wanted to do.



4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

A. Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar. Simple. They bring something different and unique to the table every time.

5.who would you like to work with in the future?

A. Since I have so many different sounds. I've always thought it would be amazing to work with a WIDE variety of artists I love and listen to. First two off top are Freddie Gibbs and Lil Uzi Vert (my 2 personal favorites). Next I'd have to say the 2 guys from the question before.

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

A. I never box myself in creatively and I embrace my character. I'm always trying out new sounds and new tones to work with my voice. I've never played an instrument so in my world, my voice is my guitar.



7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

A. I never stop working. It's truly what I love, there's no place I'd rather be than on stage. If I take a day where I don't do something to further my craft on my career as an artist than that is a failed day. I'm always writing, I seen a poster of Chelsea Handler the other day while I was driving and thought of a line "No gas, you on E, Chelsea Handler you not the news."

I don't know, making music is just truly what I love doing. Nothing makes me happier.

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

A. Performing is for sure where I come alive. That's where you get to inspire a crowd of people to move with you and it's such a powerful feeling being able to control a room. My least favorite thing is finalizing.. Recording is so much fun, and being a perfectionist who went to school for engineering I'm extra picky with my mixes. Just the tedious little last touches are always somewhat annoying.

9. What was the inspiration behind your latest album "Ivar Ave?"

A. My move to California from Indiana. Right after I graduated college I was working 3 jobs and got an opportunity to move out to live in a kid's living room that I've only met one time previously. He told me I had 2 weeks to figure out the move or the room would be filled. So I put in my 2 weeks and packed my life into my 96 Honda Civic. The ballsiest decision of my life for sure.



10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

A. LOYAL. I may not have the most fans out of some of these upcoming artists in LA, but I know that the ones who like my music, LOVE IT. I have the best supporters, they inspire me everyday to work harder for this dream.

11. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

A. Don't be afraid of being yourself, every artist who's made it has something unique about their character that people love.

12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A. Hanging with Freddie Gibbs and Lil Uzi Vert.



13.Any new releases, and where can they be found?

A. New music video for "Burberry Bag" (song #8 off Ivar Ave) is out now! I actually did all the editing with my friend Stretch too. It's super energetic and fun.












Would you like to advertise your Brand or Business then email us at TheSoulRifficMagazine@aol.com

or DM us on IG@TheSoulRiffic
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview