The Jelayne Story & Interview

 



Her training began at the age of 9 where to the amazement of her friends and family she wrote and performed her own original music. Throughout high school and college this los Angeles native built a background in theatre where her undeniable presence proved time and time again to captivate audiences.
Following the footsteps of admired legends such as Whitney Houston, Diana ross, Mariah Carrey and Beyonce she has been performing on stages nationwide and on a current path to share her message and music worldwide. 






Interview


1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

A. I’m originally from Los Angeles, I would describe it as a city for dreamers .. the weather, the beach, it’s a whole vibe ..

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

A. I must say my family has been EXTREMELY supportive on my journey as an artist. From coming to my very first shows to helping me with content.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

A. I wrote my first song at the age of 6 and gave it to our choir director. I feel like I’ve always known.



4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

A. It’s an honest tie. I LOVE way Mariah Carey was able to blend pop with hip hop .. her melodies and lyrics were always on point. But BeyoncĂ© is hands down the top performer of my generation.

5.who would you like to work with in the future?

A. Drake

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

A. I do a little of everything. I have ballads but I also have hard knocking songs that you can play when you’re getting ready to head to the club.



7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

A. I think back to the dreams I had when I was a little girl .. literal visions of me on stage living out my dreams.

8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

A. I love the song creating process .. I always go in with an open mind and let the lyrics come to me. The most discouraging aspect to me is the politics.

9. What was your inspiration behind your song "Escape?"

A. Man escape came about from me thinking of an old friend of mine. I wrote the song as if I was having a conversation with them.



10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

A. Patient

11. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

A. Never give up. Even if it seems like it’s taking a long time.

12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A. I see myself on an international tour in 5 years. Possibly transitioning into some acting.



13. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

A. My EP flight 25 will be released later this summer! I have a few singles already out and streaming on all streaming services, and YouTube 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview