The Kinqpins Story & Interview

 




I’ve always been in love with music, when I was young I would listen to Green Day, black eyed peas, Tupac, TLC, Usher, Kanye, 50 cent, and other artists and that’s what really got me into music at a young age and gave me my inspiration. In elementary school 50 was the main artist I looked up to, and later I found out I had the same birthday as him which is wild. In middle school I started writing poems/verses for fun in a notebook, and kept doing that into high school. Then I got to free styling at the lunch table or between classes with my homies for fun, and I realized if these dudes I look up to can do it then why can’t I?



 Music got me through my worst times and made me remember the best times, and I’ve always wanted to make music that other people can experience things to the same way I did. In 2015 I finally recorded my first song at another homies house, and kept recording collabs. In 2017 I recorded my first single, ‘Vice’ and it did good numbers for my first full song and people in my neighborhood started recognizing me because word got around locally. That’s when I really started taking it serious and kept improving my sound and working on my voice, and I’ve kept improving myself ever since.







Interview

1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

A. I’m from Kirkland, Washington. It’s a chill city, nothing really special about it, but if I want to do something on a weekend with the homies we got to go to Seattle because there’s not a lot to do late at night.

2.Who has been your biggest supporter throughout your journey as an artist?

A. My biggest supporter has definetley been my homie I’ve known since high school, ever since I first got into music he’s been reposting my new releases and giving me opinions on unreleased songs I’m working on and that means a lot. He has been my day 1 fan on god.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist?

A. I knew I wanted to be an artist as early as I remember, probably around 1st grade is when I got more into rap music than other genres.



4.who do you think has been the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

A. In my opinion the most influential and successful artist alive right now of my generation is either Wayne or young thug. Not alive would be X, he had a huge impact in music in general in the short time he was in the mainstream.

5.Who would you like to work with in the future?

A. In the future I’d want to work with bigger artists like carti or future, producer I’d want to work with is definetley Pierre.

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

A. I feel like I separate myself from other artists by my versatility, I can use my voice in ways other artists can’t and I have a different sound than most people out here in my opinion. I’m always getting better and trying new things and new styles so my style as an artist is always changing based on how I’m feeling in the moment. A lot of people get stuck doing the same style, which isn’t a bad thing but I feel like that’s what makes me unique. And my sound I definitely feel is familiar but very different at the same time.


7.How do you stay motivated and continue what you do as artist?

A. I stay motivated by taking breaks and experiencing things, whenever I get stuck or feel uninspired I just chill out and do shit. And then when it comes to me it comes to me, but when I’m locked in I’m locked in and nothing distracts me.


8.What excites you the most in the music making process and what dicourages you the most?

A. What excites me the most is when I hear a beat and instantly feel excited to hop on it, and seeing the progress of recording a first verse to putting the final touches on a song always gets me excited. The only thing that discourages me about the process is trying to get music actually out, because when you’re independent there’s so many people putting out music you have to constantly be pushing and be consistent.


9.What was the inspiration behind you song "RODEO"?

A. Rodeo was recorded originally back in December/January of 2020/2021 but the original version got lost when my engineers laptop got stolen, so I re recorded it because I fucked with it so much. I got inspired to make it by being uninspired, 2020 had me doing the same thing every day and it got boring as hell. I wanted to go to LA to Rodeo and blow a bag and enjoy life instead of doing the same shit every day during the pandemic. I think everybody wanted to do the same thing too.


10.If you can describe your fans in one word what it be and why?

A. Loyal. Because the true fans of mine that I’ve talked to have been around for a fat minute, and have always shown love. Even the new ones inspire me to keep grinding because I can tell they vibe with me for real.

11.what advice would you give to an upcoming artist like yourself?

A. The only advice I can give is keep pushing, keep grinding and getting better because it’ll pay off.

12.Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A, In 5 years I hope to see myself enjoying the payoff from what I’m doing, as long as I keep doing what I do I know it’ll happen.



13.What Albums/Mixtapes or singles are available and where can they be found?

A. I’ve dropped a 5 song EP ‘Dreamer’, ‘LAX’ featuring ill will and ‘Rodeo’ so far this year and they’re out on all platforms. Spotify, SoundCloud, Apple Music, all of them. I have some more singles I’m dropping in a couple weeks too and they’ll be out everywhere too so they can keep an eye out for those too.



















 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview