The Ray Northwest Story & Interview

 




Ray Northwest is a young and upcoming Hip-Hop artist from Spokane, Washington. He has released songs like "Dont need ya, Hell yeah, Cash and feel good." Ray Northwest is only 23 and has been making music since the age of 16. He first recorded in a music studio in Spokane called 4am Studios with Isiah Mozez in 2015 and has since then grown his passion in music. Ray Northwest has been releasing music and singles and performing shows all throughout Washington state and at times even out of state.



Ray Northwest's main objective when it comes to music is to do as much as he can to expand his talent and music. The idea of sharing his music with other people is what motivates him to continue what he does as an independent hip hop artist. His upcoming plans consists of networking with Magazines, Promoters and collaborating with other artists alike. Ray Northwest is a talented individual with alot of drive and passion as well as a unique sound as an artist. We wouldn't be suprised if we begin to hear more about Ray Northwest in the future.








Interview


 1. Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

A. I'm from Spokane Washington born and raised I would describe my city as underated and unexpected you never know what type of things may come out of this city especially when it comes to artists, thier different styles, sounds and talent. There is a lot of hidden potential within this city

 2. Who has been your greatest support throughout tour journey as an artist?

A. I would say my greatest support threw out my journey would be my mother who has been there with me since day 1 she is one of the only supportive and amazing famliy members out of my famliy that has been encouraging me to do what I love and be there with me every step of the way. I would also say my brother Jacob Vanknowe since we have been doing music together for years now.

3. How long have you been doing what your doing and how did you get started in the first place?

A. I knew I wanted to become a artist when I was about 18 I wrote alot of poetry when I was younger which later turned into writing lyrics and making songs. I got started making music at 16 years old getting in the studio which I was referred to by a friend and doing shows .which one of my first shows was at the Pin downtown Spokane which unfortunately is no longer a venue!



4. Who do you think has been the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

A.  I would say most influential and independent artists for my genre would be wiz khalifa and 2pac/2pac due to his realism, lyricism, sound and deep messages in his songs/wiz khalifa is more of a down to earth chill positive and hard working artist I would relate my self to him cause I like to make a lot of uplifting, positive and feel good music which I think wiz khalifa is the best at!

5. Who would you like to work with in the future?

A. I am open and down to work with any artist of any genres but I would say Jango since he's a local and making his way up putting Spokane on the map. I would also like to collab with wiz later down the road since he's a big influence on me as a artist

6. How do you separate yourself from other artists?

A. Everybody is different in there own unique way. I would say I'm different because I stick to what I love to do and always being experimental with my music. I'm always on the mission to find a new way of sounding in my songs and music in general!



7. What motivates you to continue what you do as an artist?

A. I stay motivated with doing alot of things. I like to keep myself busy, so if I'm feeling down or discouraged about something to do with music ill spend some alone time or meditail or spend time with famliy and go outdoors. I feel like those thing help strengthen me as a person and an artist.

8. What aspect of the music making process excites you the most and what aspect discourages you the most?

A. What excites me the most about my aspects in music are meeting new people/fans/artists, getting in the studio the feeling of creating and the vybe of the studio and shows. What discourages me is the lack of support thier is in the music industry as well as the music industry itself and how certain things have to be done and are done

9. Where does your inspiration come from when you make music?

A. My inspiration comes from a lot of things. Things that happened in my life, what I got going on now and what I have planned for the future!



10. If you had one word to describe your fans what would it be and why?

A. If I can describe my fans in one word, That's a tough question but overall I would say love. My fans are amazing human beings a lot of them I don't know so I find that amazing a person who doesn't know you personally but supports you because of your music, how you sound and the messages in your songs that can really change someone's look and they way they live thier life's

11. What advice what you give to an upcoming artist like yourself?

A. The advice to any upcoming artist would be to never give in, fight your battles to the best of your ability Everytime, make changes in your life, set goals works towards them and the most important part love yourself, believe in yourself at the end of the day it only comes down to you.

12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

A. I see myself further than I am now, I see myself with a lot more material, more music, collabs, shows. I also see my self as being successful hard work pays off.



13. What albums, Mixtapes or singles are available and where can they be found?

A. You can find my music on SoundCloud, YouTube, Facebook, audio Mac and band lab I'm working on getting on all streaming platforms later this year. As far as projects I have a lot of singles I have been releasing and have a project I will also be releasing this year have to keep it a secret to surprise everybody and show them what I have been up too











If you would like to promote or recieve a music review from The SoulRiffic then DM us today on IG@TheSoulRiffic














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview