The Soleil Story & Interview

 




Soleil is a singer-songwriter that is originally from New York, but resides in Miami. She has performed on countless stages throughout the country. Soleil has been interviewed by and featured on various radio stations and media outlets such as Rolling Stone IN, EARMILK, ELEVATOR, and The Hype Magazine. She won contests for and gained recognition from Sony, Music.com, SoundCloud, and ReverbNation. Soleil uses her powerful, polished vocals to tell tales of all aspects of love. Her versatility can clearly be heard: Blues, EDM, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, and Soul. Her music has a little bit of something for everyone.











Interview

1.Where are you from and how would you describe your city?

I’m originally from Yonkers, NY – aka the home of the greats! Mary J Blige, Jadakiss, and DMX (RIP) all come from Yonkers. I’ve been living in Miami for some time, and it’s a vibrant city with lots of opportunity, croquetas, and sunshine.

2.Who has been your greatest support throughout your journey as an artist?

My parents, friends, and business manager have been my greatest support throughout my artist journey. Without their initial support, I wouldn’t be where I am today.

3. At what age did you know you wanted to be an artist and how did you get started in the first place?

I knew I wanted to be a singer when I was very young – I got my start in music at 5 years old when my parents put me into piano and vocal lessons. I spent many years in the entertainment industry doing local and corporate cover music gigs (which I still do), but I always wanted to write my own music and have my own sound. I released my first single in 2012, and didn’t do much after that. I was blessed with a team of creatives around 2017 and started writing my first EP in 2018.




4.In your opinion who is the most influential and successful artist in your genre and why?

I fit into many genres, but I was always heavily influenced by Amy Winehouse – her songwriting, tone, delivery, and music overall. She was so successful because she had an authentic and unique look and sound while crossing over many genres, and that is what I strive to have.

5. Who would you like to work with in the future?

I’d love to work with Brent Faiyaz and Sonder!

6.How do you separate yourself from other artists?

I show up authentically in all of my music, no matter the genre I’m exploring. I also gig a lot so I can keep working on my stage presence and live chops. I’ve prioritized consistency and marketing strategy this year and it's really paying off for me.




7. How do you stay motivated and continue your music as an artist?

I always stay grounded no matter what I accomplish. I keep the long term goal in mind and move towards that every day.


8.What aspect of the music-making process excites you most and what aspect discourages you the most?

I love doing vocal production in the studio – coming up with harmonies on the spot. I don’t think anything discourages me, but sometimes I get frustrated when I have to do tons of takes to deliver the right tone or attitude for a line in a song.

9. What was your inspiration behind your latest single "NOISE?"
Noise was inspired by 3 things:

- At the time, I had recently witnessed a crime scene as a bystander in Pompano Beach. I was recording in a house down the street from the scene of the crime, which is how I learned about the crime. The husband killed his wife and tried to bury her in the backyard. The whole experience really shook me, and I wanted to write a song about it.

- I heard Brent Faiyaz’s ‘Natural Release’ back in 2015 and the twist in the story was captivating. I always thought it was such a creative idea and interesting storyline.

- Once we started writing the song, it needed a twist, and I thought of the Oscar Pistorius story: He is a Paralypmian and Olympic sprinter who was charged with culpable homicide when he killed his then-girlfriend Reeva Steencamp in their Pretoria home.




10.if you can describe your fans in one word what would it be and why?

Loyal! I see some of the same people coming out to my shows, and it’s a great feeling to have their support.

11. What advice would you give to upcoming artists who are trying to pursue their dreams?

Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable, learn the business side of the industry, wear many hats, don’t depend on others to make your dream come true, be consistent, have a strategy, create opportunities for yourself, always be working on your craft, and believe in yourself.

12. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Performing my original music in arenas, stadiums, and at major festivals. In 5 years my daily life will change dramatically and although I’m enjoying the journey now, I’m really looking forward to the future.




13. What Albums, latest releases or singles are available to your fans and where can they be found?

Other than Noise, I have a few other songs out – Whose Side, Agua, and On The Low. I have all of my music on all streaming platforms, and I’ll be releasing music every month throughout the rest of the year!

Follow Soleil on IG@solefulsoul





















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sebayt Story & Interview

The Purpose Story & Interview

The Will Villain Story & Interview